FilmMunch has been kind enough to nominate us for the coveted Versatile Blogger Award. Despite our hesitation to celebrate some blogs over others, I have decided to graciously accept 1) so FilmMunch knows how much we appreciate the nomination and 2) because I really had no good ideas for a post today and am happy to have something to write.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. Oscars Style!
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, nominate 15 blogs/bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award. (I will be breaking this rule, and nominating much fewer than that!)
- Finally, share 7 random things about yourself.
First, our acceptance speech. Thank you. Thank you. Wow (with a humble Meryl Streep giggle) we really weren’t expecting this. So many people to thank. First, FilmMunch.com. It’s encouraging to think that you may have been enjoying reading our posts as much as we’ve enjoyed yours. It’s an honour to be nominated by someone who is haunted by the same Dumb and Dumber image as I am.
7 Random Facts
1. I have watched some twisted shit in my day but the scene that took me the longest to shake was the zipper scene in There’s Something About Mary. After that, I started getting dressed as carefully as I would disarm a nuclear weapon.
2. The only thing I fear more than my own pants is plane travel. The first time I went to Los Angeles, I arrived stoned out of my mind. Turns out there’s a bigger difference than I thought between one Ativan and two Ativan.
3. I got a part in a local independent film once as The Goth. I had a whole musical number and everything. Unfortunately, the prodcution ran out of money halfway through the shoot and my scenes were never filmed.
4. We love working on this site together and are hoping to continue for a long time. The last project I can remember us all taking on together though was when we all went out and bought expensive guitars together and those are mostly collecting dust so we’ll have to see how it goes.
5. Luc and his wife are the reigning champions of The Amazing Race Minden, ON Edition. Jay organized a gruelling race for my birthday last year. We all raced pretty hard but Luc took home the trophy because he was willing to dive into the cold lake with his clothes on, injuring his back in the process.
6. The first movie I ever watched was called Follow That Bird, a Sesame Street movie that I can barely remember except that Big Bird for some reason turns blue at some point. I discovered last month that Jay and Sean are the only people in the world to have the movie in their collection.
7. I am still serious about getting a dog in 2015.
We’ve encountered many exciting blogs since we started ours but in thanks for their encouragement and enthusiasm lately, we would like to nominate the following blogs for the Versatile Bloggers Award.